Tuesday, October 24, 2006

HARVESTING
My lettuce crop in the tabletop AeroGarden is flourishing. It's been producing for about two weeks. Now, don't get me wrong -- it's not a huge harvest. But it yields enough tender, delicious leaves to make two small side salads.
My daughter, who is a chef at the Broadmoor, tipped me off that the Cheyenne Gourmet, a culinary store at the hotel, is selling the AeroGarden, too. They're currently growing a crop of tomatoes and have grown the salad greens, too. So if you're interested in getting one but not interested in waiting to get it via mail, you can get one at The Broadmoor store for $195. The store also carries some of the seed kits, too.
When I got mine, the literature that came with it promised strawberry seed kits in the future. I'm hoping they get them soon. I'd love to try that next and be picking fresh strawberries in February.

No comments: