And the winner is ...
The blogger known as "Sweet Gifts" who sent the following recipe. "Sweet Gifts" needs to contact us at email@example.com or 636-0271 to set up a time to pick a cookbook from our impressive collection.
If you'd like to be our next cookbook winner, share your favorite slow-cooker recipe in the comment section below. Then check the blog next week to see if you've won.
Welcome Spring Sour Cream Pound Cake
Nell Guthery’s Recipe
3 cups of granulated sugar
2 sticks of margarine
3 cups of PLAIN flour (I use White Lily)
8 ounces sour cream
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon soda
2 tablespoons lemon or vanilla flavoring
1 cup strawberries
1 cup blueberries
• Grease 10-inch tube pan
• Set oven to 325 degrees
• Stir flour and soda together in a bowl and set aside for later use.
• Separate egg whites from yolks.
• Add salt to egg whites and beat until peaks form in a separate bowl from original mix. After beat, put whole bowl in refrigerator.
• Cream butter and sugar in large mixing bowl. Add lemon or vanilla flavoring and a pinch of salt.
• Add one egg YOLK at a time, beating well after each addition.
• Add flour and soda mixture alternately with sour cream.
• Fold in beaten egg whites.
• Bake 1 hour 15 minutes at 325 degrees.
Let cake cool, place on a pretty plate, then add strawberries and blueberries around the bottom of the cake. You can also add a few edible flowers to give it more of a spring look.