Tuesday, September 12, 2006

THE REALITY WORLD
I loved watching the weekly episodes of "Top Chef" on Bravo last year and I'm thrilled to learn that it will have a second season starting Oct. 25. It will again be judged by Tom Colicchio. What I like about this series, compared to Gordon Ramsey's "Hell's Kitchen," is that the chefs who are facing off have professional cooking or restaurant experience. The Ramsey crowd come from all walks of life. There's too much on-the-job-training which lead to predictable failures.

So here's hoping the days fly by and Oct. 25 gets here soon. I got a look at the 15 "Top Chef" contestants in my October issue of Food and Wine magazine. Check it out, or visit bravotv.com to see the cast and grab some tidbits about the new season. There are some other blogs there, too, where you can add your two bits for the judges and contestants.

No comments: