AND THE WINNER IS ...
CJ, who posted a recipe for Chocolate Raspberry Tart to our blog! CJ needs to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 636-0194 so we can arrange a time for him/her to select a cookbook from our stash. Last week's winner, Deb Berry, selected "One-dish Meals," by the Culinary Institute of America.
Thanks to the other two people who posted to our blog as well. We had a hard time selecting a winner by recipe only, since they all sounded so good, so we did the fair (and easy) thing: We put the recipe titles into a hat and got CJ! But try all the recipes: You can go wrong with chocolate. We're reprinting CJ's here; find the others in the comments section of the April 3 posting of "And the winner is..."
To win a cookbook, post your recipe in the comments section below. This week, we want recipes that put those old standbys, boneless chicken breasts, to good use.
Chocolate Raspberry Tart
1 package(4-serving) Vanilla Pudding/Pie Filling
1 1/4 cups half and half or milk
1 Chocolate Crumb Crust (recipe follows) baked in 9inch tart pan and cooled
1 pint raspberries
2 squares semi sweet chocolate, melted
1. MICROWAVE pie filling mix and half and half in large bowl for three minutes and stir well. Microwave 3 more minutes and stir again. Microwave 1 more minute or until boiling. Cover surface with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 hours.
2. Spoon filling into crust just before serving. Arrange raspberried on top of filling and drizzle with melted chocolate.
Chocolate Crumb Crust
3 squares semi sweet chocolate
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup graham cracker crumb
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Microwave chocolate and butter on high for 2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
3. Stir in crumbs. Press mixture into tart pan and up sides. Freeze 10 minutes and then bake 8 minutes. Cool completely.